Moonrise Kingdom

How is everyone?  I am doing good this week, last week was horrible.  Just a little drama but everything is nice and quiet now.  Because Melissa and I had a horrible week, we decided to go have  dinner, cocktails, and see "Moonrise Kingdom" Saturday night.  The Godfather also decided to join us and cheer us up.  Dinner and cocktails were good and the movie was amazing.  We were giggling thru the whole movie actually the whole theater was laughing through the whole movie.  I love going to movies like that, when everyone in the whole theater is so into a really good movie.  It makes the movie even better.  I suggest if you haven't seen it to go see it immediately.  It is a sweet movie about young love.

Here's the trailer for it:



Saturday night, we went to a Mexican themed dinner party.  And I of course made dessert.  I didn't know what to make for a Mexican dessert so I had to do some research.  I finally decided to make a Trés Léché cake, but needed to find the perfect recipe.  I searched Martha Stewart's recipes and looked on the Cooking and Food Channel websites but everything just seemed ok.  Saturday morning the day off the party I found this wonderful recipe from a cookbook called My Sweet Mexico by Fany Gerson. I found part of the cookbook online and luckily one of the recipes that was featured was for an amazing Trés Léché cake.  You can find the recipe and part of the cook book here.



Here are some pictures of the cake we made.  It turned out amazing and everyone loved it.





Looking at this just makes me want to bake again.  I love to bake so much.   Well, the 4th of July is coming up soon.  Hopefully, The Godfather will have a 4th of July party so I can bake a bunch of goodies.

Well, talk to you guys soon.
Signature
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed