Cooking Corn in the Microwave

Sorry I have been busy crafting.  I am creating some banners and wreaths. I am excited about how they are turning out.  I am not done yet but when I am I promise I will share.   I am also making zipper bracelets and everything I need to create them has finally arrived.  So I promise to share pictures of them soon too.

I have still been cooking and I thought I would share how to cook corn in the microwave since The Chosen One asked.  I cooked corn in the microwave last night and Addison was raving about the corn. He asked what I put on the corn and he was surpirsed when I told him nothing. So cooking corn in the microwave isn't just simple, it makes the corn very tasty (it does help the corn is in season).

Here's how to do it:

Place a damp paper towel on the bottom of your microwave.  Place the corn, husk and all, in the microwave.  Do not shuck the corn.  Cook the corn according to the cooking table.  Halfway through cooking time, turn ears over.


For 1000 watt microwave,use the following table:

1 ear - 1 1/2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes


For 700 watt oven, use the following table:

1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 4 to 6 minutes
3 ears - 7 to 8 1/2 minutes
4 ears - 8 1/2 to 10 minutes
6 ears - 10 to 12 minutes

Take the corn out of the microwave and wrap it in a kitchen towel.  Let it sit for 5 minutes.  Then unwrap the corn, shuck it, and eat it. 

Yes, it is that simple.  

The Chosen One mentioned corn will not be in season soon.  So hurry, go and get get some corn.
Signature
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed