The Best Banana Bread I Have Ever Made

Our cousin Rachael called us yesterday and mentioned this banana bread recipe.  It was in March 2013 Issue of Bon Appetit  magazine.  I remember reading the article last month and have been meaning to make it.  It was a beautiful article about Andrew McCarthy's search for Banana Bread in Maui, Hawaii.  If you would like to read the article you can read it here.

Rachael told me she made it and it was the best banana bread she had ever made.  She did change it a little.  She put in muffin pans and sprinkle some raw sugar on top to make a yummy crust. Well, I luckily had 3 rotten bananas in my kitchen and I knew what I was baking today.  I didn't have raw sugar in my pantry but I did have some superfine sugar I use for creme brûlée so that would have to do.


Well, this is the best banana bread muffins I have ever made.  Rachael was right!  It is moist and flavorful but not too sweet.  I will use this recipe every time I make banana bread now.  




The Best Banana Bread 

adapted by Bon Appetit

Ingredients

Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablesppons Caster Sugar

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir just until combined. Scrape batter into prepared muffin pan.  Sprinkle each muffin with Caster Sugar.

Bake until a tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around inside of muffins pan to release the each muffin. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.




Now go make some Banana Bread as soon as possible.  You won't be sorry.

Before I go I would like to mention a great product a friend is a part of.  It is Num Num Dips.  I thought this would be perfect for all my friends having babies.  It teaches them how to feed themselves.  I think it is a lot better than just a regular spoon.  Go check it out at www.numnumdips.com.






Now I leave you with Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall in Mannequin.



Have a great weekend,
Signature
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed