Hard drive is dead

Yep, I was right.  My hard drive crashed in my MacBook Air.  I knew it because it started making a clicking sound about 1 month ago and then I noticed it started running really slow.  Luckily, I have a Time Capsule that backs up all our computers everyday so I didn't lose anything.  So I want to remind everyone get an external hard drive and back up your computers.  You don't want to lose 3 years of pictures and documents.  Ok I'm done being a geek.

I didn't end up cooking because after the Apple store took forever and Addison needed to go to karate I was not in the mood.  But, I will be cooking and baking tomorrow.

I did get two thank you cards done.


Aren't they cute?  Addison's godmother sent him the coolest Christmas present and I told him he had to send her a Thank you card.  I let him choose one to send to her.  

I am also trying to finish up desk calendars for people.  



I love the way they are turning out so I want to make them for everyone, which is bad.  Sending JT to Michael's looking for a certain stack of paper is not good.  I think it's funny that JT is getting good at shopping at Michael's and Joanne's fabric.  Hey he's an Eagle Scout he can do anything.  

Oh and one more thing.  If you all didn't know I have a passion for architect.   My favorite architect is Frank Lloyd Wright.  He has created this:

And of course my favorite Fallingwater:


Isn't it beautiful?  Can you believe this was someone's family house?  Wright built it in the 1930s for the Kauffman family.  You can read about it here.  I keep crossing my fingers that we can win the lottery and JT can build me my own Fallingwater.  :) 

Oh wait, where was this going.  The reason why I mention this is Addison's godfather (gay husband) bought him is own Fallingwater.  Well, it's the Lego Fallingwater but it's still breathtaking.  It took JT and Addison all Sunday to complete it.  The building instructions were over 100 pages.  


Don't they look serious?  Well here's the finish product.  





Isn't it cool?  Don't you just love how they did the windows and the water?  We are excited about theses Lego Architecture.    Oh and The Godfather (I like that better than Gay Husband, it seems more scary)  also got Addison the Lego White House for his birthday.  



Love it!  We were thinking about putting a Lego Darth Vader on the steps, since Addison's has a shirt that says Darth Vader for President.  As you can see we love Legos, we can't wait to collect them all.

Whew!  That was a long one.  Bye for now.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed