French Cooking and Hand Pies

Sorry for not posting Monday. I received my Amazon books yesterday and I pretty much read all day. The main thing I have learned about food photography is natural lighting. Even watching the live classroom this weekend the number one lesson was natural lighting. All food photographers agree that food looks better with natural light and one should only use a flash or other lighting if it is totally necessary. Well, this isn't good for me. JT gets home late and with all Addison's activities I don't start cooking until 7 or later. By the time dinner is done and I would like to take pictures, it is dark outside. I guess I could start cooking dinner earlier and everyone would just have to reheat it. This would be better for me and probably Addison, I hate rushing to get dinner done and I feel like we eat so late. But I hate that JT has to eat alone sometimes. Well, this week I will try to start dinner earlier and see if it works with all of our schedules. Natural light here I come.

So I have dinner planned for the next two days but I don't know what I am going to make first. My favorite channel is the Cooking channel (of course). My favorite shows are Unique Eats and Unique Sweets. I also have a cooking show that I love too, it's French at Home. I like the others but this one relaxes me. I love french cooking and Laura makes everything look so easy. She has a sweet relaxing voice and the background music is relaxing as well. After watching many of her shows I have decided to make two recipes from her. I will be making a Butter Roasted Chicken with Roasted Vegetables and Beef Bourguignon. Both of them take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to make so I need to work around activities and think about time. I think I will make the Beef Bourguignon tonight. Addison has diving and then dive team. So we won't be back until 8. I think I can set it in the oven to cook for 2 hours if I put it in by 6. We will let you know how it turns out. Thank God for oven timers.

Oh next I found this great recipe for Bourbon Peach Hand Pies from Smitten Kitchen. I have been wanting to make them for about 3 weeks. I think I am finally going to try today and tomorrow. The only reason I have waited so long is making the dough will take a lot of time. You have to chill it about 3 times. It's a very time consuming recipe but reviews have said it is totally worth it. So with me luck. I have about 5 hours of baking and cooking I want to do. I must be crazy.

Well before I leave you here's some kitchen and home things I like. I just love Anthropologie kitchen stuff. I have also found some stuff at IKEA that's cute for the home or kitchen also. I thought I would show you all some things. The white basket and blue pitcher are from IKEA. Can you believe it? The rest are from Anthro. I just love the cute bottle openers, the key and the little chairs.



Well I need to start baking. I will try to post tonight to let you all know how everything turned out.






Au Revoir!!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed