Keeping busy

We have been so busy that I haven't had time to blog.  But we have had a wonderful two weeks and I have so much to tell you all.  Addison is adjusting very well in middle school.  He has picked the orchestra for his 5th period and has decided to play the violin.  He told us he picked the violin because it always plays the melody.  How sweet is that?  We bought him his new violin and he is so excited about it.  We can't wait to go to his concerts.

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  How was yours?  We went to the Dragon*Con parade Saturday.  It was the best one so far.  It usually is only about 20 minutes long but this year the parade went on for an hour.  The costumes were amazing!  They only bad thing is it was too hot.  It wasn't so hot last year.  We walked around the convention for about 2 hours after parade but Addison was over it quickly because of the heat.  I got some great pictures of the parade here are a couple.  You can check the rest out on my picture page.











Last last Saturday was GUNCLE day (gay uncle day) and we all went to the Mercer Orchard to pick apples.  We had a blast and brought home way to many Gala Apples.  After the Orchard, we decided to hike up to Amicola Falls.  I was tired, hot and really not having it.  Let's just say I was happy to get back to the car.  But the view was beautiful and I do need to get more exercise.








Last last Sunday was Val and Lee's birthday party and I baked them two cakes.  Val got a Strawberry Cake with Strawberry icing and Lee got a Chocolate cake with Carmel Buttercream Icing inside and Fudge Icing on the outside.  Everyone enjoy the cakes and I think they turned out good.  I did use a different Strawberry Cake recipe than the one I used for Chamel's birthday cake.  I think the other Strawberry recipe was better.  I will use that one from now on.




And yes I am still cooking.  Dinner last Monday Shrimp and Grits and last Wednesday was Braised Short Ribs on Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans.




Now, I need to go and start making Apple Pies so I can get rid of all these apples.  I have been making apple tarts for a week but haven't made an Apple Pie yet.  I'm thinking Apple Pie and Apple Cider today.



Oh before I leave, I have made some new cards that I love.  I am trying to give myself an hour at least twice a week to make cards.  It makes me happy to be creative.  I will post the new ones soon and also update them on my Etsy site.  I got some new stamps in so I'm finally able to make Baby Shower cards.  I also got the stamps in for Thanksgiving.  Yes, I already know what our Thanksgiving card will look like this year.  I really need to start working on Halloween cards before I even worry about Thanksgiving.   Here are some new Happy cards:



Well, I need to go and figure out what I am making for dinner tonight.  Today, is the first day for Addison to go back to diving so this afternoon is going to be really busy.  I also need to start making pie dough and apple cider.  I also have an online Algebra test due tonight that Addison and I need to take.  I promise it won't be 2 weeks until a blog again.  Talk to you soon.  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed