Memorial Weekend is gone back to reality

How was your Memorial Day weekend?  We had an incredible one.  We decided to drive to Asheville, NC to visit our cousins (Nate and Rachael).  They live on the most beautiful land.  Their backyard looks like it should be in a romantic movie or a book.    Here's some pictures of part of their back yard which is the playground.  Incredible, I love how the trees just surround it.








It was so wonderful to just relax, hang out with the family, and enjoy nature.  We even got to take the dogs, so the whole Cochran family (including Kevin, he's a honorary Cochran)  got to play. The boys had blast running around playing of the rope swing, making a fire.  We got there Saturday evening and they had friends over for pizza and drinks.  Everyone got to make homemade pizzas and then they were baked in the green egg on a pizza stone.  They were all very yummy and the company was awesome.  Sunday. we had waffles, bacon, and grits for breakfast.  This is a big deal since Rachael is a vegetarian.  She's such a sweet hostess to feed us meat.  :)  After breakfast, Nate took all of us on a 2 hour hike around the mountains and river.  It was beautiful.  The kids and the men swam in the river, but it was just way to cold for me.  I put my feet in but that was enough since I'm allergic to the cold.  Here's some pictures of them playing in the river:





To see more picture of our Asheville adventure check them out here.  

We left Sunday night since their kids had school the next day and we had baseball tickest for Monday.  Monday, we went to the Braves game and it was hot!  We had seats practically on the the field but it was in the outfield in the hot scorching sun.  It was 95 degrees and it's not even officially summer yet.  Vieng and I had to take breaks from the sun and hangout in the shade.  We enjoyed walking around the stadium and people watching.  Addison and JT stayed in their seats for the whole game.  I couldn't believe they could stay in the sun that long.   The Braves ended up losing, which was sad because the game was tied in the 9th inning.  After the game, we went to Six Feet Under for dinner.  We haven't been there for a year and I forgot how much I loved it.  After dinner, we went home to rest and I still feel like I need to rest and it's Wednesday.  

Here's some action pictures of the game:






So after a wonderful 3 day weekend it's back to reality, Addison's 9:00 AM diving practices have begun and then 10:30 AM swimming practice.  Tuesday was crazy because he also has normal diving lessons and Taekwondo at night.  I don't know how he does it.  4 activities in one day, he's one fit kid (or just plain crazy).  Tonight, Addison has his written exam and then his fitness test for his Black Belt.  Only 2 more weeks and Addison will be a Black Belt in Taekwondo!!!  I can't believe it.  

So because of last weekend and us trying to get use to the new schedule, I have hardly cooked and have even thought about baking.  I know so sad.  Hopefully, I will be back in the swing of things soon.  I'm thinking off starting back by making Dulce de Leche (milk candy).  I have been wanting to make it for a while.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Since it takes forever to make I think I'm just going to make the condensed milk version, which still takes about 4 hours.  I know once it's made Addison will want to dip strawberries and bananas in it so I need to make enough to bake with too.  My Sugarbaby cookbook has a Dulce de Leche cupcake recipe that I think would be good to try.  

Well, I hope everyone is doing well.  As you have noticed I am still loving my camera.  Bye for now.  
1 comment on "Memorial Weekend is gone back to reality"

Your thoughts are welcomed