Superkid

How is everyone?  I am great!  I think it's funny that I thought I was going to have so much time off this summer to bake, cook, and write in my blog when I have less time now than I did while I was in school.  Why is that?  I guess when Addison and I are not in school there's more stuff to do.

Friday night,  Addison was the chef and I was his sous chef.  He made Beouf en Croute and it turned out delicious.  And I finally made Dulce de Leche so we had it for dessert with strawberries.  We made so much food that we ended up eating it again for Saturday dinner.

Here are some pics of the chef and his masterpiece:








Addison and I decided to  stay in the house Saturday to finish laundry.  Before we left for Asheville last weekend the laundry room was getting out of hand and then after unpacking it was crazy.  Every time I opened the laundry room door I wanted to cry.  But now we can see the laundry room floor thanks to Addison.  I am so fortunate that he's a great helper.  So all we did Saturday was clean and play video games all day while JT went to visit his dad.    It was just to hot to go to the farm so we spent the day in air conditioning.  I also think Addison just wanted a relaxing day since last week was so hectic for him.

Sunday, we saw the new X-Men movie and we loved it.  It is now my favorite X-Men movie so far.  The story line was good, the acting was great, the special effects were awesome and it wasn't cheesy.  I know a lot of comic nerds are not happy with Hollywood making every comic into a movie.  Hollywood usually does a bad job with it but I feel they are trying harder and I'm loving it.  After the movie, Addison had his second diving meet and he did very well.  I am impressed with all his learned in a year. I hope he keeps up with diving, I think he's really good at it.  I guess we will have to see, he tells me he's better at swimming.  :)

Here's a video of his diving meet:






Oh, Addison did great at his Black Belt Endurance test.  It was 2.5 hours long and it was extreme.  They had to do so many kick, crunches, jumping jacks, and push ups.  I've never seen him sweat so much.   I can't believe what a great athlete he is, he didn't get it from me.  I swear he's an alien.  :)

This week I really need to work on Father's Day cards and I need to make some new cards for my Etsy site.  I also need to make those Chocolate Dulce de Leche Cupcakes.  I made two cans of Dulce de Leche and I don't want it to go to waste.  As  promised I will try to bake all the recipes in all my cookbooks.  It's going slower than I thought but I'm still working on it.   I've noticed I have been focusing on the WS and Sugarbaby cookbooks so this week I will bake something out of one of my two BAKED cookbooks.   I have already made the Burnt Sugar Bundt cake, the Sweet and Salty Brownies, and the Grasshopper bars.   I'll let you know what moves me.  I will flip through the cookbooks while I watch the Cooking Channel,  that usually works.  I have been wanting to make the Green Tea cupcakes but I have been saving them for someone birthday.  Does anyone have a birthday coming up?

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day.  Vieng and I are going to see Bridesmaids tonight and I'm so excited.  I'll let you guys know how it was.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed