The last day of summer

This is the last day before school starts.  I can't believe Addison is going back to school at the same time I am.   I usually have a week or 2 more of freedom.  Addison is so ready to go back.  He is ready to start wearing is own clothes instead of a uniform, he's ready to change classes, and he's ready for a locker.  I wonder how long it will take him to get over middle school?  I wonder if he's ready for PE?  Oh how I dreaded middle school because of PE.  He's such a athlete he will probably love PE.  The Godfather got Addison the coolest looking Nike's last weekend for PE.  He will probably thrive at PE and be nothing like me.  I was the one that always got picked last.  Yes, I was that girl with coke bottle glasses with no athletic ability.

I will let you guys know how his first month of middle school goes. 

Last Friday night, we ended up going to Wally's and having a pizza party.  I made the dough and let it rise en route to Wally's and stopped by the grocery store for all the fixings.  The pizzas turned out good and we all had a blast hanging out together.  





I'm already planning on baking Addison something special tomorrow to surprise him when he gets off the bus.  They get home so late in middle school.  I'm going to have to get adjusted with him getting home so late and rushing out the door to activities.  He used to have at least an hour to get homework done before activities.  This year is Addison will really have to learn time management, which Addison and I are horrible at.

Well, last Tuesday I made Chicken Marsala in the slow cooker.  This week I am going to try Lasagna in the slow cooker.  I'll let you know how it goes.  The Chicken Marsala turned out wonderful.  Addison even ate leftovers and he never wants to eat leftovers.  I got the Chicken Marsala recipe here.



Well, I better get Addison ready for school tomorrow.  I'll let you guys know how the first day was.  I leave you with a picture of the Prince enjoying his summer, drinking root beer.  And my favorite pictures of him swimming this summer.  










Bye bye summer. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed