April Showers

Well, Spring is here in Atlanta but so are the storms. We have been having really bad storms almost every week. Last Friday, we had tornado warnings, sleet, rain, and strong winds. They have been some fallen trees but nothing that bad in my neighborhood. Our dog Emmy Lou is scared of thunder, she hides in the bath tub when she hears it. So she has been a wreck this month. Addison got a little scared Friday, so we hid in my bed and watched Tangled. I'm so glad Addison is not too big to watch a Disney movie with his mom. He giggled all they way through but also groaned at the lovey stuff.

Saturday, I was suppose to study but Vieng kidnapped me and took me to the Sweetwater Festival.  I'm not mad because we had a lot of fun.  There's something about drinking beer outside on a beautiful Spring day.  And having a girls day out with just Vieng and I was totally needed.  I forget sometime I need to hangout with just the girls.  I'm surrounded by males at home and at school.  Sunday, Vieng came over again and we made cards and baked cupcakes.  All my girlfriends always say they want to come over and make cards and bake but they never do.  She was the first one that has actually done it.  We made Maple cupcakes with Maple cream cheese frosting and they were delicious. I have saved some to bring to my class tonight.   I love to spoil the guys in my Audio class.  There's only 12 students in this class including me and I'm the only female.  They love it when I bring them baked goods.  Men are so easy to please.  :)   Well, I didn't get any studying done this weekend but my test is Wednesday so I think I have some time.

Oh I have to mention, Vieng also cleaned out our refrigerator and cleaned our pantry.  We have a joke in our house about this. This is the second or third time Vieng has cleaned out our pantry.  When our pantry starts getting crazy, JT says, "Honey, you need to call Vieng and ask her to come over to clean out the pantry."  It's a joke but it's funny because she actually does it.  She throws stuff away, reorganizes things, she's a great friend.   I joke with her that she needs to be my sister wife.  :)

After my wonderful Sunday with Vieng, JT and I watched the new series on HBO called "Game of Thrones" and so far so good.  I'm so glad we have something to watch together on Sunday nights again. I watch Brothers and Sisters but JT is not interested in it.  It's a TV adaptation from the books "The Song of Ice and Fire."   I haven't read the books but now I want to.  I will probably wait until after the series is over.  Every time I read  the book before the movie I am sadly disappointed but reviewers that have read the books are saying they did well with this adaptation.  So, if you have HBO check it out.

Speaking of HBO, Mildred Pierce is over.  Did you watch it?  It was soooo good.  I could not believe the ending.  I'm not going to say anything to ruin it but all I have to say is it make me debate on having a little girl.  She will probably grow up to be a Diva and I'm not going through what Mildred went through.  Her daughter was awful!

Well, today is Addison's last day of testing with the CRCT, he has been taken it for the last 5 days starting last Tuesday.   This test is important this year because he has to pass it to get into the 6th grade.  We are not worried because he's smart and is making straight A's but it's just added pressure on him.  To celebrate, I made I'm Peanut Butter Crispy Bars.  The funny thing is I don't like peanut butter so I got paranoid he wouldn't like them.  He loves peanut butter but I didn't think they tasted that great because I don't like peanut butter.  So I also made a batch of just Crispy Bars just in case the Peanut Butter ones were a flop.  I know I'm crazy.  I'll let you know which ones he liked the best.

Well, I need to get ready for class.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful week.  Talk to you soon.
1 comment on "April Showers"
  1. Ebony I commented with no problem. Try again.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed