Eating more vegetables and fruits

I think we eat healthy but I think we could do better.  There is always room for improvement.  I try to take most processed foods out of our diets but we do slip from time to time.  I cook homemade meals at least 3 times a week and we have enough from leftovers for the rest of the week.  I am very fortunate that my son will eat anything, well at least try anything.  His favorite thing to eat is rack of lamb and any kind of risotto.  We eat fruits and vegetables everyday and take a multi-vitamin.  But, I have really been thinking we need to be eating more vegetables and fruits throughout the day.  Unfortunately, I don't know what JT and Addison eat during lunch during the week because Addison eats lunch at school and JT eats out at work.   I know you can't believe Addison doesn't take his lunch to school but he did and he told me it was too much of a hassle and the school lunch was good.  I bet he thinks it's good there is probably little to none nutritional value in it, example pizza and hot dogs.  Addison does tell me he always get a side salad.  I'm just not going to worry about lunch. It can be their cheat meal and I can feed them better for breakfast and dinner.

So for breakfast and for snacks I have been thinking about juicing.  I have started doing research about juicing and even borrowed Melissa's juicer.  I like her juicer but after doing research I am thinking it is not the one for my family.  She has the Breville Ikon Juice Fountain.






Don't get me wrong.  It is a great juicer and it is really fast.  But, after doing research I am thinking a slow juicer would be more my speed.  It's a Centrifugal Juicer Vs. an Auger Juicer.  A Centrifugal Juicer moves at a high speed, vegtables are pushed through the chute, and ground to a pulp.  During the high speed spinning the pulp and the juice are separated.  Auger or Masticating Juicers are low speed and have no spinning action.  It uses a auger to crush vegetables and squish out the juice.  They are quieter than the Centrifugal Juicer and said to keep more nutrients in the juice because of the slow speed.  I am also more interested in an Augur juicer because they are better for leafy greens and that's one of the things would really like to juice.

Now since I have decided what type of juicer I would like, I need to decide which Auger Juicer to buy.  I am debating between the Huron Vs. the Omega VRT330.




I have looked at reviews for both and they are some great reviews and some really bad ones.  Since, juicers aren't cheap I'm going to take my time until I find the right one.  I would love if anyone has any input on Auger juicers.  For now I will be using Melissa's until I find the perfect one or until she asks for hers back.  

I now need to make homemade yogurt with our yogurt maker since JT likes to mention I want all this kitchen equipment but never use it.  But, I think the yogurt maker is the only thing I don't use regularly. Well, I will be making yogurt for weeks to show him.   Poor Addison is going to be yogurt out.  


Talk to you soon, 
Signature
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed