My favorite things - Jan 16

My first favorite things in 2013!  Are you excited?  I hope so.

I thought really hard about what are my favorite things today.  I came up with something interesting and something cheesy.  But hey I am a little bit interesting and a whole lot of cheesy.  :)

So here it goes....

1.   Ann Hamilton, Event of a Thread - The installation I wish we would have seen when we went to NYC.  It was held at the Park Avenue Armory.  Just looking at the pictures and video makes me realize I miss something amazing.

Here are pictures and two videos I found on the Park Avenue Armory Website:








Here's an interview I  found on Blouin Artinfo with Ann Hamilton explaining the installation.




Isn't it beautiful?  I can only imagine that it was an incredible experience to attend.  The videos have me in awe.  Just imagine being there.  Surreal!

2.  The Carrie Diaries - I know this is a new teeny bopper show but I just can't help myself.  I watched the pilot Monday and fell in love with it.  I felt like a teenager in the 80s all over again.  The music, the hair, the clothes...did I mention the clothes?   I was smiling from ear to ear when I watched it.  I felt like I was watching a John Hughes film and I was 12 years old.  I admit I still have a little 80s pre-teen inside of me and this shows speaks to it.





I spent the next day playing all my favorite 80s songs and thinking I can't wait until next Monday to watch another episode.  If you compare it to Sex and the City you will be disappointed.  It is something totally different and it should be.  Can you say you are exactly the same person as you were when you were 16 years old?  I am thankfully not.

So those are my two favorite things that have me smiling today.  What are yours?

I leave you with one of my favorite 80s songs, Bette Davis Eyes.



Talk to you soon,
Signature
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed