Birthday Party Successful

Chamell's 30th Birthday was so much fun.  Everyone enjoyed the crafts and the desserts.  We all had so much fun we ended up staying at her house for 6 hours.  Now that's a good party.  Chamell loved the pink and white theme.  And loved her cakes and cupcakes.  I had trouble baking Friday because I decided to bake from a new cookbook.  After 2 batches of carrot cake cupcakes rose and then fell, I  found out the publishers printed many mistakes in the cookbook.  So I went to bed and woke up at 9 AM to start all over.  Luckily, I have the best sous chef in the world (my husband, JT) to help me and we baked and iced 24 cupcakes, 12 mini cupcakes and 3 cakes.  I say 3 cakes because I had to bake a strawberry cake and chocolate cake to make the layers.  It took us about 5 hours and we were an hour late to the party but everything turned out great.  I have learned my lesson to not bake out of a new cookbook unless I am just experimenting, not if I have an event.  Here's are some pictures of the party:


















As you can see the photo props were a big hit. The pinwheels were beautiful in her front yard and it was kind of windy so the spun all day.   Chamell also would not let anyone touch the little chocolate cake.  It was her own personal cake that she saved for later.  It was a headache doing everything but I had so much fun doing it.  I love how everything turned out.  The great thing is Chamell's sister has asked me to plan her baby shower and she is having twin boys.  I'm think a blue and brown theme or maybe orange and green.  I guess I'll just have to brainstorm.   

After the party, Daniel, Michael, JT, the boys, and I went to see Harry Potter.  It was the best Harry Potter movie I have ever seen.  We saw it in IMAX 3D and this was a problem since we were about 6 rows from the front.  Let's just say we were in the movie.  It didn't mind being so close because on opening weekend the theater is packed and the whole audience gets into the movie.  People were cheering and crying.  It was great!

Last night, I saw Midnight in Paris with Vieng and it was wonderful.   I know don't get me started about Paris.  This movie showed all the things I love about Paris and the story was great.  If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you do.  Woody Allen movies are so good.

Well, bye for now.  I will talk more about Paris tomorrow.  I'm thinking it's time for me to start baking macaroons and baguettes. 

Au revoir!!!



1 comment on "Birthday Party Successful"
  1. Everything looks perfectly pretty!!!!! Great job Bobbette!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed