What a month!!

I am happy to say that it is officially July and I might have some time for myself.  The end of June got hectic with Addison's diving and swimming.  Addison ended up being picked for the diving championship and he did well.  Swim team meets are finally over but he was asked to go to the county meet which is this Saturday.  So after Saturday we will not have diving or swimming practice for the next 2 months.  It will be nice to just have Taekwonodo for a little while.  Speaking of Taekwondo, Addison has only been once in the past 2 weeks.  That means he has only worn his black belt once since he received it.   We had to take a break and worry about the other activities and then we had the holiday weekend.  I hope he will be able to go everyday this week.

Sorry for not posting for the past 3 weeks, as you can tell we have been really busy.  We have also been having a lot of storms and I do not use electronics when it is storming.  Every time I would think of getting on the computer to start blogging it would start lightning.   Today, I have time to write during the day because Addison is sick and he's going to rest all day.

Just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I have been baking, cooking and making cards.  I had to make cupcakes for Addison's swim team party.  I made red velvet and campfire delight cupcakes (of course).  The Campfire Delight cupcakes are JT's and Addison's favorite.  They are so good but time-consuming to make.    I also made a red and white cake for July 4th.  I got to use one of my BAKED cookbooks for this recipe.  I was using the BAKED cookbook for a Red Velvet cake and noticed the Whiteout Cake was next to the Red Velvet recipe.  I thought it would be great to make both and then layer them.  I love it when I come up with great ideas.  :)  Making 2 cakes (4 layers) instead of one is a little crazy but it turned out beautiful.  I frosted it with creamy cream cheese frosting and topped the cake with strawberries and blueberries.  It turned out amazing and tasted amazing as well.  Here's some pictures of it:








I also have been cooking a lot of pork butt.  I made shredded pork 2 different ways in the past 2 weeks.  I made Spicy Shredded Pork and then Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork.  I got both recipes from the Pioneer Woman and they both turned out amazing.  Addison and JT couldn't decided which one was their favorite.  You can get the Spicy Shredded Pork recipe here and the Dr. Pepper one here.
I also finally made the French Meatloaf and it is amazing.  It's part pate and part meatloaf.  It wasn't greasy and had great flavor.  I suggest you make it soon.

How many different meats?

Don't tell Addison he ate livers.  :)

Ready to go into the oven.

Delicious!!!

I have also made 3 sympathy card for Dave's mother that need to be sent out ASAP.  I am so late at doing this and I feel horrible about it.





I also needed to make an encourage card for JT's cousin's husband, Ivey, who just found out he has colon cancer.  He is only in his 40s and has a 11 year old son.  I ask everyone to please pray that they caught it early and for a speedy recovery.  My mother passed away from colon cancer 14 years ago.  I know horrible cancer can be and can't even imagine what his son and wife are going through.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Here's the card I made himL


Well, this post took all day because Addison is not getting better.  He is vomiting and has a 102 degree fever.  I think I gave him a stomach virus because I was sick Sunday.  I know, Bad Mommy!  I did cook him homemade Chicken Soup with Chicken Meatballs.  I got the recipe from my favorite channel, the Cooking Channel.  It from Chuck's Day Off one of the many shows I record.  I record about 5 cooking shows a day.  They give me inspirations and ideas on what to cook.  I just saw the Chuck episode Monday and then Addison got sick today, it was perfect timing. The soup is delicious.  There something great about the juicy meatballs with red onions and dill.  You can find the recipe here.

Well, I better go and take care of my sick Prince.  I hope to talk to you soon.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed